Don Bosco in Valdocco
12th April, 1846 – Easter. After more than four years of wandering he establishes the Oratory at Pinardi Chapel (former shed).
1846-52 – He first rents and then buys the Pinardi house, he organises both evening and Sunday classes and the home for the young and poor.
20th June 1852 – Inaugurates the St. Francis of Sales Church.
1853-1863 – Builds new premises for students and craftsmen with workshops for carpenters, printers, shoemakers etc. He writes books and gives them to the people.
29th Oct. 1854 – Domenico Savio, a young Saint enters the Oratory.
18th Dec. 1854 – The Salesian Congregation is officially born.
March 1864 – Construction of Mary Help of Christians Church is started.
9th June, 1868 – The Sanctuary’s solemn consecration.
2nd April, 1870 – Pope Pius IX founds the Association of people devoted to Mary Help of Christians within the Archconfraternity.
5th Aug. 1872 – Together with Maria Mazzarello he founds the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians Institute
11th Nov. 1875 – The first ten Salesians missionaries leave for South America.
1876 – He founds the Union of Salesian Cooperators.
31st Jan. 1888 – Don Bosco dies.
The Salesian Family carries on his mission for the young all over the world.