Don Bosco’s Rooms
INFO Visits during ” Don Bosco 2015 “:
In 1929, the year in which Don Bosco was declared blessed, his successor, Father Rinaldi, decided to transform those rooms used by the Saint into a place of pilgrimage. Restorations were made and the indoor staircase was built.
Furniture completed the rooms and the chapel; a museum with documentation and different objects was arranged.
Each pilgrim could touch the bed where the Saint passed away and his private desk. But unfortunately, some things were damaged and other things stolen. One instance was the famous inscription “Da mihi animas, caetera tolle”; therefore it was reproduced thanks to some old photos.
In the 1970’s once again the appearance changed: plate glass was placed in front of the furnished rooms, an exhibition room was created with many objects, but without a direct connection. And thus it remained till the year 2000, year of the Great Jubilee.
Since the year 2000, the following is the new composition of the ROOMS OF DON BOSCO. This explanation is provided as a accurate guide which the pilgrim can make on his own or with the help of our escorts.